It happens time and again when searching for homes. You stumble across one and think, "This is it!" - You get excited, you confirm you are approved to borrow the right amount of the loan, but at the last minute you get a feeling there is just something not quite right. Today we present a tool guide on how you can ensure you have found THE ONE!
1. It is always the home you compare other homes to: The best guide to ensure that you have found the right home is if you find other homes not stacking up to that particular home. When you look at other homes, if you find yourself constantly saying "It isn't as good as that property for these reasons....." constantly, then maybe you have already found your dream home.
2. The features of the home are all of the things you originally set out to find: You know you have found the right home when everything in the home is what you originally set out to have. If you originally wanted a balcony, three bedrooms and two bathrooms and this has all of that, chances are you have found what you are looking for. Remember that things are never perfect, and if it has three bedrooms and you only needed two but want a study, you can easily convert it to suit your style.
3. You keep finding reasons why you should buy it: This is a great sign you have found your dream home. When you constantly mention why the house is good, what problems it fixes in your current living arrangement, and how it will benefit you long term, chances are you have found a winner. Keep a note of all of the reasons you think it is improving your live and write it down and compare it to the current problem. If it significantly fixes the issues you have and you can rationally write out how it fixes the problem you may have found your dream home.
4. You have already started to envisage your life there: This can be a dangerous one because it can fixate your emotions to much on the property, however if you can see how your life will unfold there and it looks positive, that is a good sign. If you know where your dining area will be, who will have what bedroom, then you have solved the issue of visualising yourself there.
5. The core features of the house are what you are looking for: Taking away all of the romantic notions of the home, and the great features, does this home have the core items you are looking for? When you started searching, and you mentioned it had to have a balcony, make sure it does. There was a reason you had a small list of requirements, make sure that it covers all of these.
Make sure you have these five items ticked off before putting in an offer. It is important you go through all of these requirements to ensure that you have everything you are after. Otherwise you put yourself in the position of potentially getting caught up in the moment, and everything not turning out as you expected it to be.
Have you recently found your dream home? We'd love to hear what it was that made the house you found turn out to be 'The One' - let us know what tipped you over the edge by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Todd Schulberg handles all things marketing for Homely.com.au - Living and breathing property, Todd has a keen interest in the movements in the market and how agents can utilise new tools and technology in order to be more connected. Using all things social, Todd suggests different ways that agents can engage and think outside the square with their marketing approach.